How To Unlock Your TV Parental Control Password

It seems we all have to remember way too many passwords and it is easy to forget a TV or DVR password that you set years ago. I debated whether or not to create a post that lists the master passwords to reset and unlock parental control settings, however I decided to go ahead as I get many requests asking for this very thing. It can be quite frustrating to sit down for a movie and have it ask for a password that you cannot remember!

TV lock
A note to parents: If you are wondering if your kids have reset the password, it is easy to determine. Whenever a master password is used to reset a TV or DVR the old password is no longer valid. So if your old password still works, you kids have not read this page. However, if your old password does not work you may want to have a chat with your son or daughter!

DirecTV: You have to call DirecTV at 1-800-347-3288 and ask a customer representative to reset the password for you. They will ask you a security question to verify your account.

Dish Network: Call Dish Network customer service at 1-800-823-4929. You will have to verify your account by answering some questions. You also can ask them to reset over live chat, but you will need your account information as well.

Dick Smith Television Master Code: 6666. Go to the “Lock Menu”. Enter in this default password. You should then be able to access your the complete Lock Menu.

Channel Master DVR: Find the receiver ID number by clicking “Menu” on the remote and then navigating through Setup->System Setup->System Information. Now write down the receiver ID number before the dash. Next, click the “Menu” button on the remote again. Navigate to Setup->Locks. Enter the last 4 digits of your receiver ID before the dash. This will act as a temporary password.

LG Television Master Code: 0-3-2-5. Go to the “Menu” board. Scroll down to “Lock”. Then enter the passcode 0325.

Phillips TV Reset Passcode: The default factory code number is ”0000.” If this code doesn’t work it means it has been changed. To reset the code go to setup and select either the channel blocking or setup code section. Use the master code of 0711. The TV will give you an incorrect access code message. Press 0711 again. Now enter your new 4 digit code.

RCA TV Parental Reset Code: First select parental control from the menu. You will be asked to enter your password. Press and hold the “volume +” and “channel +” buttons on your television (not the remote) for 8 seconds. You will see a message that the parental controls have been unlocked.

Sharp TV Reset Sequence: Start but pressing the ”menu” button on the TV. A message should appear to input secret number. Press and hold both the “VOL (+)” and the CH DOWN on the TV set until the message disappears. This should reset all passwords and settings.

Sony TV Master Code: 4357. Use this code when prompted and it will reset the master password.

Sony Playstation 2 & 3 Master Code: 7444. When it asks for the password press select on the controller. Then enter the master code and then you should be able to set a new lock code.

Toshiba Master Codes:  0711, 6688 and 3308. Try each one until one works. This will reset your Toshiba TV to the orignal settings. However, you will loose any information such as favorite channels, clocks, etc.

Wii Master Code: You have to call customer support 1-800-255-3700. Go to parental controls and there will be an option to change settings, click yes. It should confirmation number, you will need to give this number to customer support, and then they will give you a unlock code.

XBox 360 Reset Password: Go to settings and click on “PARENTAL CONTROL” and instead of entering the code press the following button sequence; X, Y, Left Trigger, X. Then you will be prompted to enter a new password.

Vizio TV Master Unlock Passwords: 2489, 5351, 8202, 8205, 8206

Zenith Master Password Reset Recipe: Press SETUP to display the Setup menu. Use the remote and enter the following 6 digit number: 210499. The 4 digit password should be cleared.

I have tried to list the master passwords to unlock the most common TVs and DVRs, but if you need a master password that is not on the list, just ask, and I will try and find it for you.

64 Responses to How To Unlock Your TV Parental Control Password

1. i have LG TV 21 inches unfortunately child lock on so any one guide me how to unlock child lock

2. Kev says:

Tricky one for you…

No manual or remote. Somehow the Parental lock has been activated. There are 7 buttons on the top of the TV, in order left to right – 2 vol, 2 channel, menu, TV/av, power.

Could you please email me help with how to unlock it please

All info i have:

LCD Digital
    10050837 0710

Would be much appreciated mate

3. sid carpenter says:

Jason: I need the master code for a Curtis TV LCD3708A.

4. Star says:

Hello,

I have an Element TV that I accidentally locked and now I need to take the parental block off. How do I reset the parental block. I tried resetting the TV.

Star

5. Rebecca says:

Hi could you help with resetting my forgotten child lock pin please for a ferguson DVD combi f2620lcd

6. David Donaghy says:

Hi there have a ISIS ISI-22-900-COBU television and have forgotten the parental password. Is there a way to reset the TV?

7. April says:

patental unlock code for a coby LED tv 2426

8. sheri says:

I cant unblock parental control on an Akai model cftd1529W TV lcd TV combo

9. roger said says:

I need the master code to reset a topline TV 37 inch

10. I have sharp 21G-FX10N and it asking for code,
    let us know how to unlock the same.

11. Eli Erbach says:

I have an older RCA TV/DVD combo. I have managed to figure out the Child lock and V chip 4 digit code which both are 1234 but the DVD player has some 4 digit lock code. Some of my DVD’s will play and some won’t. The message says “the parental level of the player has been set, press yes to continue”
    when I press yes it wants a 4 digit code. How can I clear or reset this? Thanks for any help.

12. Kathy Walkin says:

need to get the Parental Lock off my HAIER HDMI 46″ flat screen TV – It’s one of the older models with the speakers on the side.

• Kathy Walkin says:

I have a HLH42ATBB Haier TV. It has a parental lock on it and When I connect the cable to it and do an Auto scan it is just searching channels but coming up with no channels found. Pleas tell me how can I watch my TV???

13. BMWM5V850 says:

hi, im trying to activate the child lock on my tv but i cant remember my old password, ive tryed so many master paswords they didnt work , can you help me please to find some solution? samsung PS42A416C1D thanx

14. Desiree says:

Got a direct tv box im not the account holder and cant get a hold of my buddy who is to call and he dont remeber the pass word. is there a code that i can use?

15. Sammy says:

Hi i was wondering if u can help me unlock my alba alcdtv15xi, i bought it from a pal, lost the remote and dont have a users manual, i accidentally locked it yesterday, all i see wen i switch on is a dark blue screen and a light blue word ‘lock’ in the middle, i hav tried all i can but to nothing pliz help me.

16. VICTOR says:

My TV is a sharp LCD TV GA867WJSA. I have tried what you suggested above but nothing happens. What can i do?

17. char says:

can you help me with my samsung LA26D400E1? thanks.

18. badran says:

last :

The buttons on the front panel of my TV do not work.and menu buttons in my remote control also due to parental control….

correcting some words in my last comments…turn on,,LG product…

19. badran says:

i have Spectra plasma tv model P 4205 GX ,i trun on controle parental by mistake ,now i dont have remote control for cancelling the controle parental ,so the Menu buttons not working ,i try to use another remote control for LG prodect its work only to switch on,of,Volume,but not Menu,how i can cancel the controle parental to run the menu buttons in my tv?

20. Nbird says:

Hello I have an Axion 5150 and I can’t seem to reset the parental control. All the links I’ve googled have been some sort of 8 inch dvd player, I have a TV/DVD combo at 15″

21. Shoaib says:

Sir,i have philips tv model 21pt2252/68 i need master code above instruction i have tried it doesnt work.

22. Nicola Carson says:

Hi am unable to unlock my Baird tv it has a lock on the dtv section which isn’t allowing me 2 view anything.

• Jason says:

I don’t have the code for a Baird TV. In fact, I have never heard of that brand.

23. brian linn says:

I have a Zenith TV model sr2786s. I dont have a remote for it and when I turn it on it shows aux and the time only. I think it has a parent lock can you help? Thanks, Brian

• Jason says:

Brian, I added the Zenith reset password. I think you have to have a remote though. You may need to buy a universal remote and then program it for a Zenith TV first.

24. rodrigue bell says:

I need the codes for LG TV model number M197WDP.

25. Diosdado Bautista says:

Our TV is accidentally locked, specs is, Sharp 14V-W150M with serial #10525525. Do you have the master password? Thank you in advance.

• Jason says:

I added the Sharp reset intructions. Give it a try and let me know if it works.

26. Jay says:

Looking to reset the parental control my daughter set passcode code on and forgot.

27. wilson says:

do you know the code for a toshiba 50H82

28. alex says:

Hey I was wondering if you could get me the master code for my seiki

• Jason says:

Try #0000 and see if it will reset. That is the default code, but I cannot tell if that will actually reset the parental controls. Let me know how it works.

29. dhanvesh says:

hi
    my tv is icon tv el15″f, what’s the master password

• Jason says:

I have not heard of this company before and cannot find anything about the master password. Sorry.

30. cosmin says:

I need the master code to reset Toshiba TV model number 32lv833g

• Jason says:

Cosmin, Did you try the master passwords above? Also try what I responded to Vicente below as well.

31. charles says:

I have a RCA Truflat SDTV 20 INCH model #20f424T and I can’t unlock it. Someone put a code on it and I need it unlocked. Thanks.

32. Asad says:

when I switch on my Sony tv (ultimate pure multi system NICAM, I don’t know the exact model) it appears CHILD LOCK PLEASE UNLOCK, and no button of tv even the remote button works, however sensor blinking by clicking the remote buttons. I don’t know what to do..’ please help.
    thanks

• Jason says:

In order for me to help you, I need your model number. You should be able to locate it on either the front lower corner or on the back of the television.

• Asad says:

Sorry Sir, I find it a lot but I think from back side some one has erases the model no. please sir help me solving this issue….

• Asad says:

I there any way to hard reset a TV, some one has posted for me to Press “Set up” (UP) button on remote and power button on TV. Press Power button simultaneously and after that release the Set up button, but till now i could not succeeded, because I don’t even know which is the Set Up buttons.

• Asad says:

Answer: I found out how to fix the problem through another source but I thought i would share it with you as it worked. Press the power button and then the AV/TV button simultaneously and will click off the child lock.

33. vicente says:

The passwords for the Toshiba TV doesn’t work, is there any other master passwords for it?

• Jason says:

When the PIN code (to enter) is displayed, press RECALL 4 times within five seconds. The PIN code will be reset and it will allow you to enter a new PIN code. Let me know if that works.

34. Twyla says:

Thanks a lot for this information… I just had dish tv come and do an install at my house. A job that should of 45 mins took 2 hours all because my tv was locked..frustrated we started to google default codes and came across this site. Thanks a lot..

35. G E Stahl says:

I forget the password for my “Channel Master” DVR, model CM7400. (This DVR has a digital TV type tuner for recording free over the air TV)

36. Alex says:

I have an LG TV. Can you tell me what the lock is

37. carole says:

Hi I need to unlock my Strong SRTDTV television Thanks

38. Navid says:

hi
    my tv is sony bx300 32, what’s the master password ?

• Jason says:

Your television is a Sony. See the instructions above for a Sony Television, it should work just fine.

39. Mark says:

I need the master code to reset a Dick smith TV Model # GE6601

• Jason says:

Hi Mark,

I just added the master code for the Dick Smith TV Models. Try it out and let me know if it worked.

40. nikki says:

I need the master code to reset Toshiba TV model number 20AF44

• Jason says:

I added the codes for Toshiba TVs. Try them out and let me know if they work.

Submit a Question or a Comment