Instructions for the DISH Hopper HD DVR
Adding an external hard drive to the DISH Hopper is a piece of cake. This will allow you to have additional space and move recorded shows to your external HD. There is no extra charge and all you will need is an external hard drive with the following features:
- 2.0 USB connection capability
- A minimum space of 50 GB(giga-bytes)
- A maximum space of 2 TB (tera-bytes)
- An external power supply
This hard drive will only be able to be used with the DISH Hopper DVR, therefore you will not be able to store any other information such as computer files.
Steps to connecting an external hard drive to a DISH Hopper HD DVR:
- Connect External Hard Drive to one of the USB ports on the back of the receiver. *Only one device can be connected to the receiver at one time.
- A pop up should appear on your screen asking if you want to manage your device's contents. Select "Yes"
- Continue to follow all screen prompts.
- Eventually you will receive a prompt to "Format the Drive". You will need to select "Yes", but be warned, by doing this you will lose anything that has previously been stored on the external hard drive.
You are now ready to manage your external hard drive through the receiver. You may use the "Manage Device" to view and manage the recordings stored on the external hard drive. You may also use the "Send To Device" to store recordings on your external hard drive.